If you still have doubts, here's a photo of Janelle Willett, 67 yrs. young. She's enjoying her first stand up paddle boarding lesson from her son Matt Willet. Thanks Matt for the photo.
Here are a few of the benefits of Standup Paddling:
- Standup paddling is a low impact exercise.
- Wear a heart monitor and you'll know when you're paddling fast enough to get an aerobic workout.
- Falling is safer in this sport than many others.
- Whether you're social or solitary you'll love this sport. Paddle with friends or find solitude on the water.
- Buy a board with built-in carrying handles so it is easier to handle.
If you're interested in getting a friendly standup board for your conditions and abilities, contact www.StandUpPaddleFlatwater.com for board sales advice.
If you're visiting Bend, Oregon be sure to read our blog entries of the Places to Paddle Circa Bend, Oregon.