Here's what women should look for in a SUP stand up paddle board:
- Thin rails because they are easier to grab.
- Handles - the Mistral Pacifico has detachable nose and tail handles. You can also purchase from us a Stand up paddle board handle kit if your SUP doesn't have a handle.
- Hand Slot - the Surftech Infinity and Takayama have one in the center of the board.
- Choose a lightweight board - for example: the Amundson 11' Superlight. These stand up paddle surf boards come with plastic handles in the mast slot area of the SUP board.
- Choose a smaller stand up paddle board because less volume is lighter. You'll sacrifice glide-factor when paddling, but maneuverability is better.
- Be sure to look at our StandupPaddleFlatwater on line store for board suggestions.